Follow by Email


Sunday, August 7, 2016


Back at McDonald's ...

Year 2016 has been for SAM, SPIA and ME, one to commiserate and ponder.  Shortly after leaving Dallas and his new Bride, we made a  swing East to West circumnavigating America.  Mostly to put space between the many months of our time with Dallas, it became clear that we had lost our "edge".  My body had become "soft".  Concentration on "walking" became nigh on impossible. 

I dived into a new project ...;  Friend BOB invited me to crash his couch.  The property, after many years' of miss use and abuse while acting as a rental, had become a veritable Jungle.  Bob gladly turned me loose on his property.  The next few weeks drew Ooos and Aahs from neighbors, passerbys, and Bob himself, as Bob's home turned into a showplace.

It was about this time that events began to change ... starting with the night I fell off the commode
in pitch blackness, striking my head on the bathroom sink.  Stunned, it was a few moments before I moved.  My spine was rearranged from being pushed DOWN into my neck.  My left shoulder still rides a bit askew.  No, I made no complaint to Bob or my Doctor.   I am reluctant to assume that a concussion may have resulted, but a twitch continues to "pinch" my neck from a sudden twisting movement. 

Had it not been for the purported STROKE which closely followed the unfortunate COMMODE event, I would not be so curious about the STROKE coincidence.  Beasitmay, I was admitted to the hospital in BELLINGHAM, with an apparent stroke.

Two days later,  I was discharged from the hospital.  My Primary Doctor suggested she arrange for on-going tests, to which I agreed.  Two days later I was notified that no test arrangements had been made.

I became disgruntled ... first with the hospital staff who took no interest to my STROKE ... then to my own primary doctor's apparent disinterest.

I decided to let events flow as they may.  I packed up SPIA, feeling really good, and departed BELLINGHAM.  

Many weeks later I returned to BELLINGHAM. having once again circumnavigated America.

In May 2016, the hospital called my personal phone,  a mechanical sounding voice asking ... how was I doing .  I responded that if the voice really was interested it would have not waited from February thru May to ask.  I hung up on the voice. 

Walking across the local BELLIS FAIR MALL parking lot, a not so young lady asked for my help to load her car with a bulky item.  The lady then asked if I wanted to earn some money to help her move from her present home to her new "Senior" apartment.  I agreed to help her move, but would not accept any remuneration.  She agreed.  The next 3 weeks, I worked each day for the lady, accepting no payment ... except when she insisted that I accompany her a time or two for dinner in the new apartment dining room.

In April, 2016, I accepted a "job" with The Art Quarry of Alger, Washington.   For three months I worked for The Art Quarry.  My "position" consisted of a kinda "GUY FRIDAY".  For the duration of our association, I "lived" in my car ... began work daily by 6:00 am, working without breaks through 4:00 pm EACH AND EVERY DAY, taking not a single day off .

For my effort, I PAID THE ART QUARRY $175.00 per month.

Yes, I said it correctly ... I PAID the ART QUARRY $175.00 per month for the privilege of working for them !

 ... and I was happy to do so.
As I was being dismissed, the OWNER, Heather, handed me $200.00, as she said, ..."to help me on my way...".  

I immediately departed BELLINGHAM, driving some 500 miles to BURNS, Oregon, home of my daughter.  In BURNS, I was overcome by the heat ... and I must say from exhaustion from toiling for THE QUARRY ... .   As the result, I fainted, was transported to the hospital, and subsequently released
without prejudice

Leaving my Daughter in BURNS,.  I drove to near SPOKANE, Washington, where I parked in a Truck Stop, sleeping in SPIA.

For two weeks. I stayed with SAM and SPIA, parked in the Truck Stop.  Leaving BURNS, Oregon, I was without any $$.   As I received NO remuneration from THE QUARRY, my only option was to sit tight at the Truck Stop, waiting for arrival of my U.S. Government Social Security Bank
Deposit, expected on August 03, 2016.

During this two week period, I accepted two McDonald Hamburgers from a kindly employee.  I rationed my dwindling supply (10 packs) of Instant oat meal, using water from LOVE"s Truck Stop.
Yes, I could have asked for help, but I opted to accept my self-imposed ration.

On August 03, 2016, my SS $$ arrived.  I paid outstanding debts.

On August 03, I opted to reverse my previous destination of NEW YORK CITY ... which by now was too far to reach from some 3,000 miles away.  All day, I studied the map, finally accepting the wisdom to stay in the State of Washington ... , walking and rolling within our home state.

Two days ago, I had my first real meal in two weeks. 

Two days ago, I again fainted.

Being transported to ER, the attending ER Doctor and I opted for me to check out of the hospital.

I checked out of the hospital, apparently none the worse for wear.

I am hoping AT&T will help us post this blog update.

I truly apologize for failing to maintain my commitment to this, our Blog ... and to YOU, who have stood by while we worked through these unfortunate months.

It is now 3:51 pm in COLVILLE, Washington.  This Blog update has been presented for PUBLICATION ... and once again been rejected.

On August 06, 2016, a similar POST request has been refused.

No comments: