Translate

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 8, 2011

POST 524 - DAY 322 / 66: OUTER BANKS, NORTH CAROLINA

Since returning from COLUMBIA, NORTH CAROLINA on Monday, December 05, 2011, I have been keeping my nose to the grindstone working daily for the Food Bank in SALVO, NORTH CAROLINA.

Also, been working on DEJA VU clean up. Tomorrow morning the Garbage Collectors come again. Will fill the four trash cans with more Hurricane IRMA trash...then head back to the Food Bank.

The new storage / distribution building is 90 percent complete. Tomorrow, we should finish it up. I have been assigned a few in-house tasks. In the next few days, Pastor Steve plans to begin work on the new second floor living quarters for Daughter Melinda, husband, and four children. I expect I will offer to help in that construction.

Yesterday, Karen and Craig (COLUMBIA / DEJA VU), surprised me with an impromptu visit while working at the Food Bank. Will return to COLUMBIA next week to paint the inside of their flood-water damaged home for a few days.

Needless to say, am keeping busy...and getting a different kind of exercise from walking. Returning to HAPPY CLAM each evening, I am quite tired and climb into my new feathers - Karen's gifted down comforter - by 8:00 pm.

When traveling to / from COLUMBIA next week, will take a new road which will give the opportunity to visit new towns...which will, of course, be included in our blog.

No comments: