Translate

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

POST 1181; AUGUST 13, 2013; WIBAUX, MONTANA

SAM AND ME have arrived in the small village of WIBAUX, MONTANA,,,the first town inside Montana on I-94.

Before starting out this morning, the sore tendon was wrapped in ACE bandage.  Brought along waterproof boots from my recent return to BELLINGHAM, which I have worn for the past week to make certain they were wll broken in...wore those high-top boots to offer additional support to the damaged tendon.

All went well for the first 8 miles...then, a blister begai on my left heel.  I immediately returned to my NIKE walking shoes...and so did the tendon pain.

We limped into Wibaux...where I have taken a room in the BEAVER CREEK MOTEL...an interesting design building in that it is a "split level"; i.e., one floor below ground level with 7 steps to get "down"...and one floor above ground level with 14 steps to get "up"...apparently, clients with walkers or wheel chairs are not of interst.

In any event, we are on the lower level, having arrived about noon time.  I have rested all day...now being 3:30 pm, with no apparent additional damage to the tendon.

Nevertheless, the strain is still with me.  Have been tentatively been offered a ride to the next town of GLENDIVE, MONTANA, from where the bus for Bellingham can be  found.

Am now considering leaving SAM in Wibaux for my return in the Spring of 2014, when Winter allows SAM AND ME to complete our 5th trek across America.

Have not yet discovered how to link images from GOOGLE - where this blog is created - to FACEBOOK...apologize to my FACEBOOK readers.  My VERIZON "mentor", SINCERELY - yes, that is his name - has coa hed me, but somewhere, I have dropped a stitch and must go back to square one...remember my childhood when learning to knit...one cannot be a good knitter if one is not a good "ripper".

For now, will try to uplodad a few new images into the GOOGLE version:

ARRIVING IN WIBAUX


Please say HELLO to ROBERTA AMSLER...Owner of AMSLER CONVENIENCE STORE in Wibaux, Montana.



WELCOME TO WIBAUX, MONTANA.



Please say HELLO to PATRICIA ANDERSON...Front Desk Clerk at the BEAVER  CREEK MOTEL,  WIBAUX, MONTANA.

  1.  











No comments: