Translate

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

BELLINGHAM IS COLD


Yesterday, I ventured out to drive to Seattle to meet with Shari to set up our program for handling "donations". I got as far as BURLINGTON, Washington COSTCO Gas Station (least expensive gas in the Region) when it started to snow.


All the roads - Interstate 5 included - are covered in compact ice and snow, making driving difficult. With this new snow covering and hiding the icy spots, it has become a driving nightmare. So, I decided to turn around and return home to Bellingham.


Following news reports, it was a very good thing I did NOT drive on to Seattle. I would most likely still be down there trapped in traffic and accidents.


Just for fun, I added the above pic of temperature in our protected Patio (without any Wind; i.e., no wind chill thrown in). Imagine what the wind chill is when the 65 mph winds blew thru Bellingham last night... BRRrrrrr.
Channel 4 Forecaster says temperatures will NOT rise for another 36 hours, making it nearly 100 hours of under freezing...and that is in Seattle...Bellingham is MUCH colder than Seattle.

2 comments:

Robert said...

hi bruce
how u doing? you sure get around sence i seen you last, just saying hi and ne carefull.

ps
this is robert from Bruneau Idaho gave you a ride one morning.

Unknown said...

Gosh, Robert...guess this is where I REPLY to COMMENTS. Feel like such a dumbell. See Post of November 25 for my detailed reply.
Take Care, Robert, and thank you for the ride and comment.