Translate

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 15, 2015

POST 1473; BOONVILLE, MISSOURI; 08-15-15






Sorry folks, but no photographs today. to accompany our drive from Kearney to Boonville, where we will spend the night in a small truck stop with home cook'n.

Has been incredibly hot during daytime, but is downright nippy when the Morning Sun rises.  All in all, I am well acclimated to severe desert heat and cold mountain nights.

Today was without any exciting events, but I did chat with a number of fellow travelers and received a gifted Gideon Bible.  The Gideon fellow joined me for lunch at McD's, spending 2 hours attempting to eplain the massive number of Biblical Deaths in the Old Testament.  He didn't know either.

Religion is a scary subject, so best minimized for the time being.  Recent events have, however piqued my interest so as to dig a bit deeper ... such as how come I survived without a scratch, our recent flight  with SPIA far out into the Idaho Desert.

Treating myself to a yummy special Ham on Rye sandwich, Potato Salad, and home made Mirangue Pie.  Could do better in the food department, but am doing this 2,600 mile trip to reach Dallas with a wee bit of $$ to help make it to SSC Payday on the 3rd of each month.  Again, all in all, things are fine.  I do have a stippend of Credit Line, if judiciously handled generally sees us through.

Actually, I shared a good bit if my $$ a couple days ago to help 7 California Bound young folks who got "short Sheeted" with their funds attending the Grateful Dead performance in Chicago.  I'm sure they will be OK.  I receive $$ donations from time to time ( thank you, again ), and am pleased to share with other needy folks as we meet along the byways.

* * * * * * * * * *

I'm Sated !

Now for a peaceful sleep inside SPIA .... and do it all again tomorrow.  Just barely possible we could reach Dallas by tomorrow evening.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your bog Dallas of Wv

Anonymous said...

Did you make it??

Aimee @ Explore, Learn, Have Fun! said...

Hope you are doing well. Miss your posts!