Translate

Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 11, 2010

THE LOG CABIN

SERPENTINE US 412 NEAR FORT SUPPLY, OKLAHOMA (Steeper Than It Looks)
SLAPOUT, OKLAHOMA ON US 412

US 412 ROAD SIGN - OKLAHOMA


A FALCON TAKES FLIGHT



THE LOG CABIN









Today is Friday, October 15, 2010, at 9:21 pm. Have lots of catching up to do.

MANY climatic events have occurred to me and my walk since I last posted. Actually, I completed and tried to post about the Log Cabin, but Google somehow screwed it up and lost all my narrative.

Recap:

On Monday, October 11, 2010, I walked to a place called The Log Cabin, somewhere in the East part of the Oklahoma Panhandle, where US 412 (which I am walking) and US 283 intersect.

It is an abandoned commercial block of some sort...maybe a truck stop, maybe a general store, maybe a junk yard because a large number of derelict machines, buses, trucks and just plain junk lay haphazard all over the place.

Jodi found us a place to park for the night. 10 minutes later, an 18-wheeler parked next to us and kept his bloody diesel running for hours. Around midnight he shut it off. In the morning, he was still parked next to us.

My walk today was uneventful...I just walked and walked and walked about 30 miles or so.
This part of the Panhandle is getting VERY hilly. Steep and close together hills; it is like a big long snake humping across endless fields.

Jodi is taking NO interest in my walking. Ask her a question...she turns and walks away...we got problems, folks...big problems. But I must say...she is an excellent driver...always exactly where and when she says she will be, she IS. I get a tremendous lift from her being close at hand.

Perhaps I am taking advantage...I really don't know. Just know there is a strong tension in the Motor Home, which I discard when I walk...but I worry about Jodi...how is SHE handling it...and I don't even know what "it" is.

Will have leave it at that.

Pics follow

No comments: