Translate

Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 4, 2010

STRUGGLING TOWARDS SPRINGFIELD

sSPIA & THE TWIN BUTTES
ROAD CODE (Have yet to decipher it - probably Distance)

A RARE COMMUNITY WAaaY OUT ON THE PLAINS


OLD & NEW TECHNOLOGY



JODI ON THE LONG LONG ROAD










I say struggling, as for the past 3 days, the Great Plains has been savaged by unrelenting winds over 45 miles Per Hour.

The topography is UP-Hill out of Lamar South on US 287 all the way tp SPRINGFIELD, COLORADO, some 37 miles towards the Oklahoma Panhandle Border.

Whereas I have walked at 4 miles per hour, the wind has held me under 3 mph until this afternoon, where I completed the final 7.23 miles into Springfield in 1 hour & 50 minutes. No, wind did not let up. No, it was not down hill. I truly feel that just knowing Jodi was waiting with SPIA in Springfield gave me a big lift to perform beyond caution. Thanks Jodi.

Oklhoma ! Can you believe it. And so many - NO, MOST - gave me no prayer to reach Oregon.

Motor Home is well named..."SPIA" Seniors Performing Incredible Acts. Not my name...named by one of Suzanne's teenage Juvenile in Detention School.

After our overnight in the abandoned homestead, i walked another 18 miles to Twin Buttes...a volcano cone rising out of the competely flat prarie floor. With the double summit cone behind us, the Sun fell off the Earth plunging the Plains into absolute darkness.

The only thing visible were the flashing red aircraft warning lights atop the 107 giant General Electric Wind Turbins spread out before us for miles on end. I have learned from the Senior Center, Springfield, that another field of 107 Wind Mills are to join them. Many 18-wheelers passed by me each carring two of those 71 foot long turbine blades. The towers rise 150 feet into the sky. Jodi has climbed to the top of one of them...inside is a steel ladder leading to a room housin the generator. Jodi says the turbine room is about 10 x 20 feet...

No comments: