Translate

Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 17, 2011

POST 478 - DAY 272 / 15: AWENDAH - GEORGETOWN, SO. CAROLINA

We will start out today with the above shattered dream...it MUST get better as we go along.

The Sun peeping over the Bulrush grasses of the un-ending marshes, I stepped out onto US 17.
Three hours later I returned to SPIA.

The only residential addition..right snug against the marsh...NO THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

This property might be worth a look in spite of swarms of mosquitoes.

This property is also for sale.

Moving SPIA to MC CLELANVILLE, SOUTH CAROLINA, I again set out on foot, reaching NORTH SANTEE, SO. CAROLINA.

Above is the NORTH SANTEE RIVER...one of two -the other being the SOUTH SANTEE RIVER - forming the SANTEE DELTA, a vast marsh which some 200 years ago raised Rice.

Today, this marsh land raises MOSQUITOES...trillions of them.

NORTH SANTEE RIVER


SANTEE DELTA marsh.


US 17...still no place to walk.

This is a map of Old Town GEORGETOWN, our destination and overnight resting place.

SPIA is once again at WALMART.

I spent most of late afternoon walking the Old Town on the North shore -above the "green" island.

Bloody Keyboard keys are mostly shorting out...must hit them 3 -4 times to get a response.

The new model of my recent 38-foot HUNTER Sailing Yacht...if I had listened to Esther three years ago, I would now be circumnavigating the World on "JOURNEY" instead of walking the USA.

Life IS a matter of choices.

FRONT Street, the main street parallel to the Marina in Old Town GEORGETOWN.

Front Street Businesses.

Old Town Fountain.

Front Street.

Entrance to the BOARDWALK.

A stroll down Memory Lane.

I would use the 18-pound DANFORTH Anchor to set JOURNEY in this Roadstead.

Instead, I ventured into the BIG TUNA...a delightful waterfront eatery and Pub.

Please say HELLO to Mat...he says HELLO to all who pass by with a look at him

Taking a pic of his back side, he is giving me the evil-eye...

Just click click to see his eyeball!

BIG TUNA Front Street Entrance.

Some Homes of GEORGETOWN...it has been told to me that GEORGETOWN has more "old" homes than WILLIAMSBURG, VIRGINIA - where we will be visiting soon



A bit of GEORGETOWN, SOUTH CAROLINA History.











The above homes and Churches are within two blocks of the Waterfront.

More GEORGETOWN history.


Finally, I have again completed -for the the third time this evening - our Blog...now to see if it will post

In the morning, will continue North toward MYRTLE BEACH, SOUTH CAROLINA.

***** PRIOR COMMENTS *****

My computer has been infected with a "worm". It has two times lost my entire Post Data.

As if I don't spend enough time & effort to create & post each night...AAaarrrggggg.

No comments: