Translate

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Idaho


ADRIAN, ORGEON



HOMEDALE, IDAHO RAY BROWN & BRUCE MAYNARD


As the Sun rose, I walked this morning from Ed's Ranch in Adrian, Oregon the 16 miles to Homedale, Idaho. Did not take SAM as Ed wanted to drive out to pick me up and drive me back to his Ranch.

At 11:30 am, walked by the Senior Center in Holmdale and decided to check it out. WOW...lunch was being served and I was invited for $3.00. Was first asked to prove was over 60...liked them immediately. Was introduced and chatted a few minutes about SAM & ME..to applause. Before lunch was completed, the local Newspaper Reporter came in. I spent the next hour being interviewed. Finally got back on the walk at 1:30 pm.

Walked an additional 6 miles towards the town of Marsing when Ed and his wife Betty showed up. We all drove back to his place and twisted my arm to stay another night...of course I will.

Ed suggested that in the morning, I drive Van & SAM to where he picked me up. There, to park the car and with or without SAM, walk as far as I can towards the town of Murphy, some 35 miles from Marsing. I gave him my spare key. Later tomorrow afternoon, he and Betty will drive to my car and drive it towards Murphy until they find me/us. They will then return home and SAM & ME will again be on our own.,

Seemed to be a plan, so I agreed.

No accidents today. Walk was very relaxed and tranquil. temperature reached into the high 90's. With this kind of help, I believe I can walk 50 or miles a day. We shall see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.