Translate

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 11, 2010

On The Bank Of The Snake River


JACK CREEK

As the Sun gets ready to set, I am sitting in a camping chair, writing this Post on the bank of the Snake River. Birds of all shapes and sizes are buzzing everywhere. A cool breeze is coming off the blue water...very welcome after another 22 mile day ib over 100 degree temperature.

Kenn showed as promised and drove me back to where I left off last evening South of Murphy.

I ran out of water again today and the Ranches were few & far between. The final 5 miles were NOT pleasant...except for the fact that have been given the opportunity and will to be here doing this incredible walk.

Arriving at Grand View, I drank three (3) 32 oz Poweraid bottles of Coke's new electrolite drink.
Bought 6 bottles to be sure I had some for the next few days. Towns re getting tiny and far apart, making finding supplies more chancy.

After recovering for an hour, gassed up the Van and drove to Bruneau, a town so small that the Cafe owner/chef is also the Sheriff. He, Jim, guided me to this State maintained "Sportsman Access" playground on the Snake. I am alone in this breathtaking serene spot...Owls & Doves are vering for top honors in their incessant cooing & hooting.

At daybreak, i will...Sheriff Jim says so...take the Van & Trailer to his Deputies manning the "water invaive check point, one of many making mandatory inspection of EVERY boat moving to or from a body of water. From therte, I am assured by Sheriff Jim ta\hat I WILL find a ride back to Grand View so I can walk the 18 miles tp Bruneau.

We shall see.

Sun is now down and bugs are starting to land on my minnir keyboard...time to spray up & get inside the Van...

Nite all..really a shame I cannot send this spot along to you.

Pic tomorrow.

No comments: