Translate

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 9, 2014

POST 1258; MARCH 09, 2014; LOS BANOS, CALIFORNIA



Y I K E S .....   JUST DUMPED ALL OF TODAY'S PICTURES !!!

Oh, well...am in the city (36,000 POP.) of  LOS BANOS, California...a distance of 21 miles from NEWMAN, where I started this morning.


Loosing the pics is not so severe, as there is not much to see along this part of SR 33.

Upon reaching I-5, the "locally" popular ANDERSON's Restaurant has since 1976, been offering PEA SOUP.  Having stopped many times before, I revisited, downing two bowls of their delicious soup.

From Anderson's, drove the few remaining miles to LOS Banos, where I found WI-FI at STARBUCKS. 
Neither MD or Burger King had any service for computers.

Tomorrow, will continue on SR 33 East and South, with the next town being DOS PALOS.

The next larger town is FIREBAUGH, some 28 miles distant.

Must say that I am a bit weary.  Certainly do not have the stamina of two years ago when I last walked the San Joaquin Valley.  The heart might have something to do with that.  A few more days in the rising heat and feeling of entering a different world...most folks are now of Mexican descent with Spanish spoken on all sides.  Not a negative thing as I have always enjoyed Spain and Mexico...and the cobwebs should shake out.







No comments: